Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Lets do a different task now. You must have heard of Swine flu virus that has spread in Mexico and a few other nations. There are reports available in BBC news. All that you need to do is to read the reports that talk about the preventive measures taken by different nations. Prepare a checklist of preventive measures to be taken to protect our nation. Remember the quetions have to be close ended (ie) in Yes/No pattern.
Post your response in a day or two.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Don't you admire great personalities, whom you have come across or about whom you have heard of in your life? Write a few lines about the unique aspects that you admire most in them. In other words, specify what made them achieve something in life.
Once you complete, underline the 'adjectives' you have used to describe the personality of the great man. Post your response before this Thursday.
The activity goes like this:
Imagine your friend hides your textbook somewhere. Ask him as many questions as you can to find out the book. Remember, there are few rules to be observed.
1. Ask close ended questions eg.- Is it on the table?
2. you need to frame at least 5 to 6 questions-imagine your friend gives a negative reply for most of the questions.
post your questions and go to the next related task.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
I appreciate the efforts taken by each one of you. This task is meant for sharing your learning experiences. I will appreciate if you retrospect and write about what you have learnt, particularly the technical vocabulary and expressions learnt by doing the tasks. You can also share your feelings about the tasks ie its difficulty level, challenges posed by them and the feasibility in doing them.
I expect your response at the earliest.
Having done four tasks related to various topics, I would appreciate if you could retrospect what you have learnt. Look at the language elements such as technical vocabulary learnt, expressions you could grasp.
Post your response before this weekend.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Do you know that Pixels form part of the latest technology? This task is aimed at creating an awareness of the use of pixels in technological tools.
Follow the instructions as given below:
- how a digital camera, TV, your mobile and other electronic items display pictures.
- how do pixels bring the difference between the size of the electronic device and the display of a picture. ie Does the size of an electronic device have a bearing on the display effect of the picture?
- how Pixels promote web designing or how the process of web designing is done.
- ask either staff members or senior students of IT department for details relating to the above mentioned queries
- present the points in your own words clearly
- contribute points on the process of web designing by accessing information from the net or books.
Post your information by the end of this week.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I appreciate your enthusiasm in doing the tasks online. Keep it Up!
This task is aimed at creating an awareness of the impact of printing technology on fashion, particularly dress designing. you must have seen fashion shows and listened to talks of dress designers. what have you learnt from them about the impact of printing technology?
- try to find articles relating to printing technology used in designing dresses
- use Google search for finding out details or (look for books on fashion and printing)
- learn how printing has created an impact on fashion ie dress designing
- write few lines about it and upload the information in your blog
Complete this task before this week end.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Have you written a report before? What is a Survey report? It is nothing but a report that is written after conducting a survey. Its a part of a research work. Would you be interested in learning the way to write it?
Access the follwoing URL addresses and find out the way. A sample report is also given in one of the web sites.
All that you need to do is to go through them and think of some survey which you could do.
How about a survey of the number of people (your own classmates) who have mobile phones with all the facilities? Follow the following steps:
- Go round as a group and ask your friends and classmates whether they have a mobile with facilities attached.
- ask them the purpose of having such a mobile and what have they done with those facilities for example with a camara and others.
- collect the data.
- compile them and sit together to discuss your data with group members
- follow the survey report format and prepare a report as a group
You need to post it by this weekend.
Stick to the deadline.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
This blog is a part of an online project conducted with the aim of developing reading and writing skills among students (apart from technical vocabulary).Its broad objectives are
- to motivate students to do the tasks as a group and share ideas
- to encourage them to read and also write in English relating to the topic of discussion
since you (students) are the target audience, I invite you to do the following tasks as a group. let me provide you the steps:
- access the following web sites.
- work as a group to discuss points
- share your ideas relating to the impact of technology on society (based on what you have read) and the vocabulary you have learnt
- prepare points and post those points in the blog you create as a group.
The steps involved in creating a blog are:
- access www.blogger.com
- click on 'create a blog'
- follow the three steps. a. provide necessary details like the blog name, the url and others b. select the template and c. start posting ideas
your blog will be accessed in two days and the individual performance will be evaluated.
Now access the follwoing web sites and do as specified above.